If you’re looking for a gaming PC, Costco is a great place to buy one. The retailer has a wide selection of desktops and laptops that are perfect for gamers, and it’s also one of the few places where you can find prebuilt gaming PCs at affordable prices.
Direct link to Costco’s gaming PCs section.
Costco is one of the most popular retailers in the world. And while it’s known for its massive stores and low prices, Costco also has a great selection of electronics and appliances. If you’re in the market for a new gaming PC, Costco has some pretty good deals on computers that are built for gaming.
The unique case of Costco
Costco’s computers are sold at cost, which means they don’t make any money from them. They can sell them at lower prices because they have very little overhead compared to other major retailers like Best Buy or Walmart.
The downside is that there aren’t many options available when it comes to choosing your own components inside the computer. You can choose between different configurations , but there isn’t much room for customization or upgrades after the purchase is made. Any upgrades will have to be done by an authorized technician at your local Costco warehouse. This can be inconvenient if you don’t live near one of these warehouses (they are mostly located in major cities).
In a nutshell, Costco can be a great place to buy computers and other electronics. They have competitive prices and excellent customer service, but they only carry a limited selection of gaming PCs.
Here’s what you need to know before buying a PC from Costco:
- They have very few models to choose from
- The majority of gaming computers are either prebuilt ones from vendors or laptops
- You’ll have to buy the PC directly from Costco’s website
- Their prices aren’t always competitive with other retailers
- Costco doesn’t offer any customization options
The selection is limited. You won’t find a huge selection of different models and specifications at Costco, but if you’re looking for a good deal on an HP or Dell desktop, then they’ll have something that fits your needs and budget. If you want something more specific like an Alienware laptop or Asus ROG laptop, then you may want to look elsewhere as they don’t have these options available through their website.
Competitive prices (sometimes)
Costco offers competitive prices. When compared with other major retailers such as Best Buy or Walmart, Costco’s prices are competitive and sometimes better than other stores who sell the same products at higher prices because they don’t always offer the same deals on their own products while also offering exclusive discounts on certain items like monitors and computers from time-to-time which are usually not advertised in advance but only available when purchasing another item from them.
Costco for gaming PCs
The retailer’s computers are well-built, have good specs and come with helpful customer service. But before you plunk down your hard-earned cash, here are some things to keep in mind.
Costco has several different configurations of its gaming PCs, starting at $1,199 for an Intel Core i5 processor and AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card. You can also opt for a more expensive model with an Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card.
There are three main types of Costco computers:
- Gaming PCs — These often have the highest performance, but they’re also more expensive than other options in Costco’s lineup.
- Business PCs — These tend to be cheaper than gaming PCs and offer possibly better value for money if you don’t need high-end specs or features like multiple monitors or Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Laptops — You’ll find plenty of laptops at Costco too, including Windows 10 laptops from HP (Hewlett Packard Enterprise), Dell (Dell Technologies) and Acer (Toshiba).
If you’re looking for the best gaming PC, Costco is the place to go. You can get a great deal on a gaming PC at Costco, along with all the accessories you need.
- Look at the specs first. Make sure your desired processor and graphics card are capable of running your favorite games at high settings without any problems. If not, then you may want to consider upgrading parts later on after you’ve used it for a while and find out what works best for your needs.
- Go for an SSD (solid state drive) if possible. An SSD has faster read/write speeds that can improve boot times and overall system performance. If you don’t want to spend extra money on an SSD, then at least consider getting one with a large capacity so you have more room for storing files like videos and photos.
- Consider liquid cooling if your budget allows it. Liquid cooling systems can help increase performance by up to 20% compared to traditional air cooling systems because they run more efficiently and are quieter than air-cooled systems due to fewer moving parts inside them (i.e., fans). But they also tend to be more expensive than other types of cooling systems.
If you’re looking for a gaming PC, Costco might be the place to look. The warehouse chain has been selling PCs since 2015 and the latest models are getting rave reviews.
- Costco gaming PC buying guide: Don’t waste money, do it right - May 28, 2022
- Gaming hardware industry gearing up for increased sales - March 2, 2022
- AMD RDNA 3 coming Q2, here’s all we know - February 21, 2022